Originally set up in Donegal in the northwest of Ireland by Robert John Fleming in 1860, ownership of the company has remained in the Fleming family to the present, ranking as one of the oldest agricultural machinery companies in the UK and Ireland.
Robert John Fleming set up his millwright and engineering business in St. Johnston, Co Donegal beside the fast flowing burn which provided power for his sawmill.
4 Generations later, Fleming Agri Products opened in Newbuildings in the North West of Northern Ireland. The original factory was opened on a 1/2 acre site.
Due to continual growth, additional land was purchased and the factory doubled in size with a further 3000 square feet extension.
More additional land was bought and a new steel store erected.
A new modern office administration hub was built, to accommodate the growing sales, engineering, dispatch, accounts and marketing teams.
Additional land purchased and a 10,000 square foot welding shop and spray paint line is installed.
A 20,000 square feet fabrication and finishing room is completed.
Adjacent site purchased and 20,000 square feet welding shop extension and new spray shop facilities are built.
An additional 22,000 square feet factory is built to allow for the welding, spray painting and product finishing of larger machines such as tankers and dump trailers.
Currently the Fleming factory sits on a 6 acre site with an 85,000 square foot factory.